Senior Project Manager – Luxembourg
English speaking only required for this Permanent career opportunity.
The Senior Project Manager is fully responsible for the project management of IT projects/programs across the organization and business domains.
He/she is fully accountable to deliver the project/program within time, scope, quality and budget. He/she is expected to lead projects/programs from initiation, through implementation, transition to operations which may also include various sub projects, of size and complexity.
In addition, he/she is expected to provide expertise to project managers as well as to senior leadership in deciding whether the project/program is able to meet the desired outcomes within the current scope.
The Senior Project Manager is also responsible for the development, mentoring and coaching of fellow project managers and project/program team members.
He/she furthermore must have a deep insight into the strategic direction of the company and know the business and IT related processes, in order to assess impacts to the program. The Senior Project Manager also initiates and supports change and communication efforts within the impacted areas, and closely collaborates with change managers and communication experts, to develop and deliver a constructive project communication approach.
- Lead and control all stages of the project lifecycle from initiation, design, delivery and post implementation, adhering to project methodologies and best practices
- Direct the delivery of project/program through active sponsorship, stake holder management, leadership to ensure they meet scope, time, cost and quality requirements
- Effectively manage project and business risks covering the entire program Implement an effective review, reporting and presentation structure
- Conduct programme evaluations
- Work closely with project managers responsible for delivery of the constituent work streams within the programme
- Ensure the project’s IT infrastructure and software adheres to the Company IT strategic roadmap
- Manage the IT delivery across various teams and off shore locations
- Manage the Business and IT relationships with 3rd Party vendors for development and design
- Master’s degree (or diploma) in computer science, information systems, business administration or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 5-10 years of business and IT experience
- At least 5-10 years of proven project management experience in a financial services environment, implementing projects/programs of significant complexity, cross location and large teams of development/testing resources.
- A proven track record of successful delivery of complex projects, with a strong focus on IT implementation.
- Experience in management of third party providers/outsourcing partners
- Formal Project Management qualification or certification (eg Prince2, OPEX, PMI)
- Solid knowledge about financial/banking industry (ideally pretrade, trading, posttrading)
- Solid knowledge of IT Testing methodologies or approaches
- Solid knowledge of IT architecture principles and practical implementation
- Very strong communication skills in English; target audience specific communication; stakeholder management; Negotiation
- Very strong conflict management and problem solving skills,
- Solution orientation
- Team orientation, leadership (versatility) and social competencies
- Willingness to learn
Apply by sending your profile to Janisha@contractsit.com and call to discuss further.
We are an equal opportunities employment agency and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Please follow and like us: