Salary/Rate: Market Rates
Languages: English speaking role
Skills and experience:
- More than 5 years of storage and backup solutions hands on experience with minimum 3 years of hands on experience in planning and implementing migration/decommission and asset life cycle related projects
- Experience in Performance Analysis, Risk Analysis, Root Cause Analysis, Problem Management
- Demonstrated experience in design, engineering, implementing and supporting Enterprise Storage technology and solutions: NAS from NetApp
- Knowledge on Scripting tools like Perl and Shell (Scripting programming languages)
- Ability to manage large enterprise storage environment (more than 2 Petabyte of storage)
- Replications and migration: Shadow Image, Thin Image
- Backup Techniques: NAS Backup using Snapvault,SnapCreator and Snapshot
- Products: CommVault, NetBackup, Data Protector
- Knowledge of NAS industry best practices and generally accepted information availability principles
- Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, IT or related field
- Certification in one or more storage/backup technologies
- NetApp Certified Data Administrator ONTAP 7-mode (NCDA NS0-154)
- Any OS related certification
- ITIL V3 Foundation
- Experience with Data ONTAP fundamentals
- Storage management and provisioning Tools: DFM, WFA, Command Line
- Replications and migration Tools: Thin Image, Snapmirror, NDMP copy
- Strong Knowledge of capacity planning and reporting: DFM
- Strong knowledge of protocols including NFS, CIFS, iSCSI, FC, TCP/IP, SNMP, FTP, HTTP.
- Strong knowledge of RAID, Fiber Channel, SCSI, Thin Provisioning, iSCSI
- NAS Backup Techniques: Snapvault, Snapmirror, SnapCreator and Snapshot
- Products: NetApp (FAS 3xxx and FAS 6xxx)
- Knowledge of information availability architecture methodologies, industry best practices and generally accepted information availability principles.
Description of work:
- Provides technical expertise in NAS migrations and work closely with Application Teams, System Engineers L2/L3 and Technical Project Leads (TPLs) and implementation of migration and decommission of Netapp storage assets
- Contribute to the success of the Migration Factory through service delivery compliance, continued growth and knowledge in storage migrations, outstanding project delivery and customer satisfaction
- Participate in projects such as storage migrations, decommissions, asset/technology refresh, site consolidations and new technology introductions in the area of Netapp
- Serve as primary technical point of contact to PM/TPLs on project
- Work closely with PM/TPLs, Engineering and customers to manage project expectations, timelines and deliverables to ensure expectations and commitments are being met
- Interface with a wide variety of internal stakeholders and IT Infrastructure Services teams on gathering and analysing technical data to meet project requirements in the area of NAS migration and decommissioning aspects
- Review the Project Plan in the area of Technology Aspects and Limitations and thus address the Process Development and Risk Mitigation needs.
Please send your CV to email@example.com and call to discuss further.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.