Salary/Rate: Market Rates
Project Background and resource skillset:
We have a well-established Template system for Word and Powerpoint that allows colleagues to generate complex documents following company branding guidelines. The system comprises Office Addins developed in c# using VSTO, combined with some template VBA code and complex DOTX and POTX layouts. There is also a central web service and SQL server database Back End to handle multiple configurations. Recent changes to our branding and visual identify standards require significant amendments to the system to handle additional layout options and styles. This will involve changes to all aspects of the system. We are therefore seeking a developer with the skills outlined below:
- Core VB and c# .NET development skills working in both Web and Rich client desktop environments
- Deep knowledge of Visual Studio Tools for Office (VSTO) as the core of the Office addins
- Office VBA macros (mostly replaced with VSTO code now but some aspects require integration with VBA)
- DevExpress controls for user interface (web and rich client)
- Deep knowledge of Word and PowerPoint object models from a developer perspective
- Very advanced super-user experience of Word and PowerPoint from an end user perspective (for working with the complex template layouts)
- Entity framework and MVC framework for the web application (which manages all the systems configuration)
- Basic SQL server knowledge for the Back End configuration database
- Extreme attention to detail for UI and design
If you would be interested in discussing this initial 3 month contract, with possible extensions, please send your CV to Navaid@contractsit.com and call to discuss further.
We are an equal opportunities employment agency and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.